Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Letter to Future Students...

Dear Future Students,
        
          I would like to recommend you to take Seeing Sideways as a class in the future. The class is something that I would say is very different from any other New Media and Science course. Taking N385 will be a way to get students to think differently when it comes to assignments and when it just comes to class discussions in the class. The class offers many different possibilities to what you can do, Each assignment has its own way to allow the student to express themselves in ways that can allow you to view things differently. Taking this class is also a way to learn a lot about yourself because you have a choice to what you want to do for each assignment even though there is a rubric to follow on each assignment. You have to also create a blog and post each assignment and class discussions to it. That is how the grading of the course is determined.
        
        One thing that I really got from being in the Seeing Sideways class is knowing that I really that didn't have a limit to what I could do for each assignment. There was this one assignment where we told to break a rule. At first everyone in class was like, "huh?" when being giving this assignment. For that assignment, I took a picture of my self wearing a Sonic the Hedgehog shirt. The shirt had said "Old school" on it. I basically just took the picture and flipped it to where the worlds were spelled backwards. Even though it seems like a simple thing, I seen it as a way of breaking a rule in my own little way. When taking pictures people will expect to see what was taken, instead of seeing whats there, but not right at the same time. I feel that I wouldn't have never thought of that if it wasn't for taking this class. So taking N385 will be a great way to learn how to think differently when it comes to New Media and life.
      
         I believe that taking this class will have a huge impact on my future classes, because after taking this class. I have learned to view ideas and think on certain things differently, rather its doing an assignment or just seeing what everyone else in class is doing. Even though I feel that there is a lot that I still need to learn about myself, I feel that my thinking has really changed after doing assignments and seeing what others have done in class...

No comments:

Post a Comment